The process will begin with a free in-home consultation with one of our Remodeling Consultants. We will discuss the project(s) you want done in your home, answer your questions, and ask questions of you as well. Our goal in this meeting is to build trust so that you feel comfortable with us.
Opinion of Probable Costs
After reviewing our initial measurements and photos taken at your home during the initial visit, we invite you to our showroom to view our Opinion of Probable Costs. This will outline the work you want to have done and budget ranges for the various projects based on the information we know at the time. If everything looks good to you, we ask you to invest in the next step of our process of designing and planning, and our design team goes to work.
Our design team will visit your home to closely measure the areas/rooms that we’ll be working on. Using cutting edge, 3D design software technology, we can provide you with a representation of the proposed project and investment required, along with helping you select materials, colors, and finishes.
Before construction begins, we will introduce you to your Project Manager who will oversee all aspects of your project. He will be on-site each work day, start to finish, to answer any questions you may have along the way.
With remodeling comes dirt, dust and disturbances, but we do our best to keep it to a minimum. Your Project Manager will keep you informed for the duration of your project through on-site meetings at important milestones to make sure everything is progressing as planned.
Crossing the Finish Line & Warranty
When work has been completed, we’ll make sure you are completely satisfied with everything we have done. The confidence in our work is reflected in our warranty – five years on our workmanship, and ten years on structural items. If a problem should arise, we respond promptly, giving you peace of mind.
Let’s Get Started
We try to maximize what you’ll receive for the investment you’ll be making. In the end, we want our relationship with you to be like a friendship. When other people ask you about your experience with us, we want you to be able to tell them that is was a positive one, and that you are happy with the results.
- Our Process, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to turn your house into the home you want. We understand how committed you are to seeing that your remodeling goals are realized. Thank you for considering us to design, remodel, or add on to your space. Upon request, one of our Remodeling Consultants will to your home for an initial consultation, at no cost to you. Our visit would be scheduled during our normal business hours (7am – 5pm M-F) usually within 10 days of our initial conversation. Your Remodeling Consultant will serve as your contact person who will then head the team that will guide you through the design and remodeling process. During the Initial Consultation with you, we set out to achieve three main things:
- An Opportunity to Get to Know One Another – Ask us questions. By the end of the meeting we’ll know whether we are totally comfortable and a good fit to work with each other. If that’s not the case, it’s okay to wish each other well and part ways.
- The Specifics of Your Remodeling Project(s) – As we listen to your thoughts and ideas and ask you questions, we can get an understanding of what you like and don’t like. Our questions will range from décor to layout to lifestyle, as well as your desires on incorporating sustainable designs or products into your home. This is all about you and what you want!
- Get Clear on the Budget – It may not make sense to proceed if everything else seems to be a fit, but we’re miles apart on the budget. We’re often able to give you a ballpark range regarding the investment you’ll need to make right away, however there are times we’ll feel better about giving our conversation more thought with the opportunity to talk with others in our office.
The Second Meeting will be at our showroom
- We set a second appointment for you to come to our showroom 1-2 weeks after our initial meeting.
- Coming to our showroom will give you an opportunity to get to know us better, by seeing actual work that we’ve done.
- In between we’ll spend time with others on our team to develop a document we call our ‘Opinion of Probable Costs’, which will have brief descriptions of the work you want to have done and budget ranges for the various projects.
- We’ll have photos of other projects we’ve completed that have similarities to what you’re planning to do with your House.
- We’ll request a design retainer along with a completed Project Development Agreement.
- Once we receive your paperwork, we’ll come to your home within 7 – 10 days to measure your existing space.
- You (and any other decision makers you bring to the table) will be working with our team, which includes your Remodeling Consultant, an estimator (Eric Moyer or Chris Bencsik) and designer (Dennis Gehman).
- Within a week or two, we’ll meet at our showroom and present you with our initial design. We’ll have several design concept ideas for you to look at and choose from. Clients will often take ideas from more than one concept and ask us to blend them together to create what will be best for them.
- We would meet each week there after until the design is developed enough for the estimator to put hard numbers to it.
- Design is more than lines on a computer screen or paper. It’s about choosing each individual item that will be a part of the project so that they work together to meet your needs and taste. Design is style, color, texture, size, proportion based on the adage of ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder’ as viewed from you.We can’t stress enough how important it is for all of us involved to be mindful of the budget. Staying within budget is the hardest part of any project. We know that we can design a project that you’ll love, but it won’t be any good if you can’t afford it. HGTV and home décor magazines are wonderful for ideas but can also lead to the “while we’re at it” syndrome. If you need to adjust your budget, just let us know so that we’re all on the same page.The key to a great customer relationship is communication. When design and remodeling challenges arise, we give our full attention to address your concern, helping you to visualize the end result in your mind. This is how we live to our word of taking your home personally!