Stucco Repair in Southeastern Pennsylvania
6abc reported on stucco repairs, watch the video
Stucco can be a beautiful detail on a home, but if it is not
installed/maintained properly, the result can be:
• Serious Water Damage • Mold • Dangerous Weakening of a Home’s Structure
If water can’t get out from behind stucco, then mildew, mold, and rot soon can undermine wood framing, windows, and doors.
Discoloration is a Sign of a Stucco Problem.
Rotting of the Wood that was Behind the Stucco.
Rot of the Wood From a Wider Range.
Inside View,Mold that is on the Drywall.
Here are some signs that your stucco may be failing:
|Cracks, even just hairline cracks
Gray, black mildew stains on the stucco:
Floor-level bulges or humps in the stucco.Floor-level bulges or humps in the stucco.
|Stucco falling off, even small pieces.
This often begins at:
– Caulking is missing in the edge gaps between stucco and your windows, doors, chimneys, etc.
– Inside of house smells musty.
– Spots of mold and mildew on drywall, especially just above the baseboard.
– Wet carpets after a rain.
– Wood floors buckling along exterior walls.
– Mold and mildew appear on the box band, the exterior wood board between the floor joists in the basement ceiling.